Morimoto Ryutaro (森本龍太郞), is a Japanese singer as member of Hey! Say! JUMP. He is under the management of Johnny & Associates. He was born in Kanagawa Prefecture and lives in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area. He is the youngest boy in the group.
- Name: Morimoto Ryutaro (森本龍太郎)
- Birthday: April 6, 1995 (18)
- Birthplace: Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 171 cm (5'7 ft)
- Weight: 58 kg
- Shoe Size: 28 cm
- Johnny's Status:
- 2004-08-12: Trainee
- 2007-09-21: Member
- 2011-06-28: Suspended
- Admired senior: Takizawa Hideaki
- Hobby: Reading manga
- Type of Girl: Happy and not afraid to face any challenges.
- Favorite food: Spaghetti, fried food
- Dislike: Vegetables
- Favorite animal: Hamster
- Favorite color: Yellow
- Favorite sport: Baseball
- Strong point: Noisy
- Weak point: Has a short-term memory.
- Favorite Song: "SHAKE" by SMAP
- Favorite TV Show: "Nakai Masahiro no Burakku Variety"
- Favorite Movie: "Hana Yori Dango"
- Johnny & Associates Group's:
On August 12, 2004, when he was 9 years old, Ryutaro appeared on the variety show Ya-ya-yah, where his audition for Johnny and Associates was aired along with Yamada Ryosuke. On October 12, 2004, he entered Johnny & Associates as a trainee. On September 21, 2007, he began performing as a member of Hey! Say! JUMP. So far he is the first of the youngest person to debut in the Johnny's industry at the age of 12. Morimoto also has a younger brother Morimoto Shintaro who belongs to another Johnny's Entertainment group as a Johnny's Jr. called Snow Prince Gasshoudan, created for the movie of the same name.
Stalking & Robbery IncidentEdit
On June 16, 2009, Morimoto was robbed by a 17-year old fan who had followed him on multiple occasions for a period of six months, leading Morimoto's parents to consult police the past December. Morimoto was ambushed by the fan on the way home from work at the train station, and agreed to talk with him in a nearby restaurant with the intention of asking the fan to stop his behaviour. After being threatened by the suspect that he had a knife, Morimoto tried to contact his parents, leading to his phone being robbed and the suspect fleeing. The suspect was found and arrested at three the next morning by Kanagawa police at the train station after he called Morimoto's back-up phone to arrange another meeting and the call was traced. The issue received widespread press coverage as it is one of the more serious incidents of stalkings of idols known in Japan's recent history, in that it involved a weapon. The suspect is believed to have slight mental issues that are in need of addressing. The stalker also appears to have been quite well known among Hey! Say! JUMP fans as the stalking had been a well known fact. Morimoto's agency has asked fans to please honour the official and unofficial rules set down by the fan clubs as they support their idols.
Underage Smoking ScandalEdit
On June 28, 2011, Japanese entertainment magazine Shunkan Josei published a story revealing that Morimoto was caught smoking a cigarette on camera. Images from the issue shows him smoking at 14 in January 2010 and at 15 in May 2010. When questioned, Morimoto stated that "it's fine, don't worry." Johnny's Entertainment quickly issued a public apology and planned to suspend all of Morimoto's activities indefinitely. He will not appear in SUMMARY 2011 and Hey! Say! JUMP will continue their activities as a nine member group now.
In Japanese Wikipedia, it says that Morimoto currently is under house arrest. It doesn't say until when he is in house arrest.
On the JFC Bulletin says, the Morimoto will come back some day.
"For all fans who always support,
we apologize for Ryutaro’s careless behavior that caused much troubles and big worry
Currently, his entertainment activity has been stopped.
After he does deep introspection about impact that he made this time, we will call him again from the beginning. (or also can be translated as "he will start over again from the beginning")
Because Morimoto Ryutaro’s entertainment activity is stopped now, there are information about Hey!Say!JUMP National Spring concert [Yuuki 100%] in this Hey!Say!JUMP JFC Bulletin no 9, but we just give information about 9 members only, please understand.
Furthermore, all JUMP members is struggling to unite their heart now.
First of all, because all members will give their all might for [SUMMARY 2011], please your support too from now on.
First of all, we know clearly that he will come back someday. Even though we don’t know when."
Around the beginning of January 2012, it is was announced that Morimoto Ryutaro chose to pursue his studies and just continue to support Hey! Say! JUMP's activities even being not a member.
- Juken no Kamisama(NTV, 2007)
For Hey! Say! 7 or Hey! Say! JUMP-related appearances, please see Hey! Say! JUMP.
- The Shōnen Club (2004–2008)
- Heisei Families (14 October 2007 - 2008)
- Showa x heisei (2008 - March 2009)
- Seishun Amigo (Shuji to Akira) (2005)
- He is the youngest member of the group Hey! Say! JUMP and is the youngest member to debut in the Johnny's industry at the age of 12.
- He currently has never had a specific solo in any Hey! Say! JUMP single because he usually takes the lower melody.
- His little brother Morimoto Shintaro is also a member of Johnny's Entertainment and together they are often called by fans "The Morimoto Brothers".
- He is currently studying in Horikoshi High School, Hey! Say! JUMP members who went to Horikoshi High School Arioka Daiki, Yaotome Hikaru, Yabu Kota, Yamada Ryosuke, Nakajima Yuto, and Chinen Yuuri.